Blogger Templates

Disclaimer

Some of my posts are my own - sometimes they are thoughts, ideas or work-related and academic related materials of my own. Yet, for the posts which I share; be it videos (via youtube) or materials (via scribd and other sites) which are not my own, I hereby express millions gratitude and give full credit to the original uploader. My intention are not to take credit for them- only to share them to spread love, knowledge and opinion.

Thank you.
Author: cristina johnny fred
•12:30 AM
born on the morning after Christmas Day 1978...........i was a spoiled brat- being the only child (my mother had other children with her previous husband, but all were living separately with their own family)- my dad spoiled me rotten..anything i wanted, i got-at least my father tried his best to provide it for me...we were not rich...my father worked at a workshop, my mother a resourceful housewife..we never bought vegetables or fish from the market because she grew vegetables in our backyard and reared fish in two ponds..we even had some savings because the vegetables and fish grew so well that we could actually sell some to the other villagers..my mother was a bit strict...a bit..? that's a little soft- she's a woman of the 60's era, and anything she said was an order...cross her and you're a dead meat..and i knew this more than anything..she never spared me- even if i was her youngest child.. .my mother was 10 years older than my dad...it's no wonder that she's the queen of the house..no offense daddy, but she was.....
i lost her when i was just about to turn 11..she passed away from erupted blood vessel, in november 1989...i vaguely remembered my father shouting as he saw my mother collapsed in the middle of the paddy field(it was paddy planting season)..the two days that passed, when her body was taken back to the house, when they took her to the cemetary, when they laid her to rest- went pass as if in a blur..yet, i could still remember everything though..my mother...the one person i feared the most...maybe even now...even after 21 years...i guess she did loved me- in her own way..and i guess, all i am today, what i am today, where i am today, were all, thanks to her...perhaps everything happened for a purpose..and perhaps- even as i feared her, i did loved her too...that's why i still remember her...after all this time..young as i was when i lost her, fearful as i was of her, i had never forgotten about her..and i don't think i ever will....
This entry was posted on 12:30 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On July 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM , cindyjbj said...

A very touching story Cris. I'm sure your mom loved you, if she's still alive today she must be very, very proud of you and what you've become.